You may be familiar with some terms like 3G, 4G, and LTE. It is about the network technology generation. The third generation is 3G, the latest technology of the group while the 4G is the fourth generation of the data network. Before going too deep, it is important to know that to enable the 4G on your iPhone; it is important to have the device with Software version 7.1.1 and the Carrier settings version 16.1. Below is the tutorial to Enable 4G on iPhone 6.
Guide to Enable 4G on iPhone 6 iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus
- Head to Settings and choose General. After that, select Update. Note that if your carrier settings version is still below 16.1, a pop-up display asks you to update your carrier-setting version. To continue, click on update. Restarting your phone is important.
- After restarting your device, you should see that your Carrier setting updated to 16.1. After that, you can head to Settings and choose Cellular. In this step, you should be able to find the 4G enable switch.
- It is okay if you do not get this option on your iPhone, do not panic. The alternative solution is to connect your iPhone to iTunes on your Laptop or Macbook. You will get this option. Be sure that your MacBook or laptop is connected t Internet.
- If you still do not get this option even after trying to connect your device to iTunes, it is recommendable for you to backup your device. After that, you can have a complete restore. The next thing to do is to restore from back up. After doing the restore, your device is going to have required settings to start the 4G.
How To Know Your iPhone 6 Has 4G or Not
The 4G connectivity depends on the country and the carrier provider. It is easy to know whether your iPhone has 4G or not. Follow the steps below.
- You can tap on menu and choose “Settings”, choose “Tethering and Network” or “Mobile Network” and select the “Network Mode” and choose on “LTE”. It can be the easiest way to enable your 4G LTE on your iPhone and choose on Menu, select “Phone”.
- Enter the *#*#4636#*#*. Choose to send to apply the command. This code can display about your device including battery information, Wi-Fi details, and others.
- Choose “Phone information” and scroll down to “Set preferred network type.”
- Choose the option that provides LTE speeds. Commonly, the option will read as “LTE/GSM/WCDMA.” Now you can enable the 4G LTE to your device, and the 4G logo appears at the top of your device.
You can repeat the steps above after rebooting your device. It is because when you reboot your device, it resets the network connection to default settings. Those are the steps on how to Enable 4G on iPhone 6.